POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hard rhyolite (146kb jpg) : Re: Hard rhyolite (146kb jpg) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hard rhyolite (146kb jpg)
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 12 Jul 2007 06:35:01
Message: <web.4696030ee03da59e731f01d10@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> Yes, this looks very good indeed!
> Looks like an isosurface in fact. Not sure I really understand the
> technique, though. Do you plan to provide us with a little tutorial when you
> are done? That would be very much appreciated indeed.

I agree with Thomas - looks wonderful, but er, run that past me again? :)
Rock is so hard to get right. The only satisfactory solution I have found
is isosurfaces, which carry their own problems. I like the lack of scale
here - these could easily be either the size of steps, or vast towering
slabs. Keep it up!

Bill